Tuesday, February 3, 2015

IT'S All ABOUT THOSE ABS!

Let's Talk Abdominals!

I'm absolutely loving all the feed back I'm getting from my viewers and I'm super interested in what you all are eager to learn about.  An overwhelming amount of you all have said you want to know more about ABS.  So let's start at the beginning.  What muscles make up this sexilicious body part:
The Tranverse Abdominals
Internal Obliques
External Obliques
Rectus Abdomins

**All of these muscles are responsible for facilitating specific body movements which means, YES, it is ideal to do AB workouts that challenge ALL of them.  To get the overall strength and physical beauty that you want out of your ABS, this is key.  To find great workouts that work all of these muscles, just type it into Google and you will discover at least a couple thousand :)

MY TOP 3 TIPS:

#1.  Abdominals are born and become exceedingly beautiful in the KITCHEN.
AKA. Eating a CLEAN diet.
#2.  Consuming a lot of HIGH Sodium beverages or food will help you retain unneeded water.
AKA. Making you look bloated.
#3.When you do AB workouts mix up the pace.
AKA. This activates the muscle and challenges them in different ways.
Let me go back to #1 and what I believe is not only the most important key to shining AB muscles, but it's also the most overlooked.  I can't begin to stress the importance of eating clean, at least most the time.  If you truly want to have a visable six pack, it starts in the kitchen.  You can do AB workouts everyday, but my friends, IF YOU ARE INTAKING UNNECESSARY FATS AND CARBS YOUR 6 PACK WILL NOT SHOW.  You have a layer of intramuscular fat within your abs and if that layer is more pronounced than your AB muscles, you simply will not see your hard work from the gym.
* My Story *
I used to do soooo many AB workouts in college where I played soccer at the lovely Cleveland State University.  I never had as good of ABS as I have now and that is simply because I didn't understand how getting toned ABS was a result of not just doing the workouts, but eating clean. We all have AB muscles in us somewhere, some just have more intramuscular fat on top of them then others.  I personally don't have time to always go to the gym but if I'm doing the right stuff in the kitchen I can still see improvement.  This little tidbit is something I really didn't realize until I stopped being a super competitive athlete.  I realized that I can have great ABS without being a gym junkie too!!

I hope this helps you tackle any obstacles to obtaining those toned, solid ABS!!
*Look forward to another blog focusing on my TOP AB Exercises!*

No comments:

Post a Comment